Wk 1 pm Nutrition
Time & Location
About the Event
Day 1 & 2: Topic 1: Principles of nutrition, physiology, and health
Students analyse the impact of diet on health and wellbeing throughout the life cycle. They develop the skills to explore the nature of diet-related disorders while exploring links with the biochemistry of nutrients: their structure, function, and interaction. The study of the digestive system will generate discussion about the influence of the microbiome on health and malabsorption syndromes. Students analyse and evaluate data and scenarios, and provide solutions to complex problems requiring analysis.
· understand the biochemistry of nutrients: their structure, function, and interaction
· understand the nature of diet-related disorders
· understand the digestive system
· understand the impact of diet on health and wellbeing throughout the life cycle
· analyse and evaluate data and scenarios.
Day 3: Topic 2: Health promotion and emerging trends
Nutrition health promotion and food trends are continually evolving. Pressures from stakeholders, such as government bodies and social media, influence food choices. Students evaluate factors influencing food choices, including the labelling of foods and its implications for consumer health. Along with considering and interpreting endorsed nutrition educational programs and tools, students analyse and evaluate data related to scenarios or case studies and apply this data to current situations.
· understand the labelling of foods and its implications for health
· consider and interpret endorsed nutrition educational programs and tools
· evaluate factors influencing food choices
· analyse and evaluate data, scenarios, or case studies.
Seminar Leader: Mr Graeme Hudson B Sc (Health) B Ed (Secondary) Graeme has taught Stage 1 and Stage 2 Nutrition for over 7 years and is a previous marker of Stage 2 Nutrition. Graeme has a strong passion for assisting students apply their knowledge and understanding of Nutrition concepts. Graeme's students have consistently gained excellent results in their assessments and exams.
PLEASE CONSIDER OUR UNIQUE MEMBERSHIP OFFER:
1. Get 20% off this subject AND
2. Get 50% off a Winter subject!
3. Get 50% off a Spring subject!
4. Or get 2 subjects 50% off in either the Winter or Spring Program!
5. Save over $300!
Simply purchase the membership offer below and we will do the rest.
- Early bird$245+$6.13 Service fee$245+$6.13 Service fee0$0