Wk 1 pm Legal Studies July
Time & Location
About the Event
Day 1: Focus Area 1: Sources of Law
Day 2: Focus Area 2: Dispute Resolution
Day 3: Option analysis
Seminar Leader: Mr Matthew Williams BA BE Matt has been teaching Stage 1 and Stage 2 Legal Studies for over 10 years and is a member of the Legal Education Teachers’s Association of SA. Matt’s energy and passion for the subject has generated numerous 20’s for his students over the years.
By covering the above topics, students will be well prepared for any trial and mid year exams. In addtion they will have completed the necessary revision for the end of year exam which has the following requirements:
Students undertake a 130-minute external examination that is divided into two parts.
- Part A: Response to sources (65 minutes — 30 marks)
- Part B: Extended Response (65 minutes — 30 marks)
Part A consists of several sources and/or case studies. Students answer set questions based on one or both compulsory focus areas: Sources of law, or Dispute resolution.
Part B requires students to answer one essay question from a choice of four questions. Students select from:
- Focus area 1: Sources of law
- Focus area 2: Dispute resolution
- Optional area 1: The Australian Constitution
- Optional area 2: When rights collide
The following specific features of the assessment design criteria for this subject will be assessed in the examination:
- understanding and application
- analysis and evaluation
- Legal Studies Early Bird Offer$199+$4.98 Service fee$199+$4.98 Service fee0$0